Memorial House – the Museum of the National Liberation War and the Revolution – is located in the center of Skopje in the park between the Macedonian Academy of Sciences and Arts and the Court Palace. The facility opened on September 28, 1981.
This was the location of the house where the leaders of the Provincial Committee of the Communist Party of Yugoslavia for Macedonia met during World War II. Among other things, here in the spring of 1941, the decision was made that Macedonian people should start an armed uprising. The building was erected in memory of these significant events in World War II.
The architects of this building are the former professor at the Faculty of Architecture in Skopje, Aleksandar Nikoljski (1937 – 2018) and Vladimir Pota, an architect from Skopje.
This building is often listed in the examples of modern architecture from Skopje, especially in foreign publications.